In medical services, rational drug selection is needed. The utilization of rational drug is based on pharmacplogy that covers effect, mechanism, side effect and toxicity, fate of drug in the body from absorption, distributon, biotransformation and excretion, drug interaction, adverse effect in special condition.
Pharmacology-Toxicology testing using animal test is one of the requirement for drug to be assured its efficacy and safety, before clinical test on human. Therefore pharmacology-toxicology plays an important role in the development of new drug whether natural origin, synthetic or semisynthetic, development of pharmaceutical preparation, justification of drug combination, and also for the development of cosmetics and food.
Fields of interest:
- Development of pharmacological and toxicological methods.
- Studies on pharmacological activities of substance.
- Toxicological studies of substance.
- Development of natural product-derived cosmetics.
- Development of pharmaceutical care for substances to be used as: antidiabetes, antihypercholesterolemia, immunomodulator, antihepatitis and hepatoprotector, antituberculosis, antimicrobes (antibacteria, antifungi, antiparasite), antiobessity, antioxidant, antihypertension, antiulcer, antigout, and antiinflammation.
- Development of system and guidelines for pharmaceutical care.
Elin Yulinah Sukandar, Prof. (Dr., ITB)
Andreanus Andaja Soemardji, Prof. (Dr., Univ. Claude-Bernard Lyon, France)
I Ketut Adnyana (Dr., Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan)
Kusnandar Anggadiredja (Dr., Kyushu University, Japan)
Lia Amalia (M.Si., ITB/Ph,D., Student in ITB)
Maria Immaculata Iwo (Dr., ITB)
Tomi Hendrayana (M.Si, ITB/P.hD. Student in Germany)
Pratiwi Wikaningtyas (M.Si., ITB)
Aprillia Nuryanti Garmana, (M.Si., ITB)